List With Us!
Are you an out of town owner or simply do not have the time and resources to manage your cabin? We are your solution!
Let us here at Smoky Cabins, a full service management company, be your vacation home "go between.”
THINGS WE DO FOR YOU
- Take Professional Pictures (FREE)
- Shoot & Post Video (FREE)
- Take Drone Pictures (FREE)
- Advertise Your Property on 20+ of the Most Popular Listing Sites: VRBO, AirBNB, Trip Advisor, etc (Full Partner List Below)
- Post It on “Smokycabins.com” Website
- Book Reservations
- Handle Incoming Reservations Calls
- Handle Guest Issues (By Phone\In Person)
- Collect/Pay Sales & Use Taxes
- Pay Owners Monthly by the 15th
- Schedule & Be Present for Repair Calls
- Reply to Guest Reviews
- Create & Display All Cabin Instructions
- Maintain Cabin Inventory
- Reply to Guest Reviews
- Create Maintenance Reports
- Shop for Items Needed (You Only Pay for Item Costs)
- No Maintenance Fees
- Provide Supervised Housekeeping
- Supervise Repairs (You Only Pay Repair Costs)
HOW IT WORKS
Smoky Cabins will post your cabin on all of the trending websites, complete with photos and a full description of amenities. When the renter inquires about your cabin, Keith or Cathy will answer any questions and begin the booking process. We also assist guests with directions and general questions about our area. If any issues should arise with the cabin during their stay, we will respond and address the problem. Our housekeeping staff, with nearly 30 years of cleaning experience, provides a thorough cleaning after each guest checks out. We also provide hot tub care and maintenance. If there are extreme maintenance issues that we can not take care of, we have contacts that can be reached on a moment’s notice. We use Brightside to keep up with your cabin’s accounting info, maintenance reports, damage reports, etc. You will receive your own login information so that you can view reports and availability at your convenience. You have complete access so that you can be as involved as you choose.
Smoky Cabins is a family owned and operated management company. We have been in business for ourselves since 2005 and worked in property management for years before that. Every aspect of our business is managed by either Cathy or Keith Moore. We are both personally familiar with each and every one of our cabins and make it a priority to be inside of each cabin as often as possible. We know a lot of our guests by name and know each of our owners personally as well. Because of this, we are able to work well with each owner at the level that they feel most comfortable. Some owners are hands off and some want to know every detail pertaining to their vacation home. We are pros at supporting both!
When you sign up with Smoky Cabins we charge a one time linen set up cost which is approximately $25 per bedroom. After the initial cost, we provide all linens and towels. We understand that you already have a list of things you would rather spend your money on to make improvements in your cabin. We appreciate and encourage that for the benefit of your guests. We purchase top quality linens that we would use in our own homes. We look at it like this... If it’s something we would use in our own homes, which we usually choose “the best of the best”, then it’s good enough for the guest. Our Sheets are microfiber and Towels are 100% cotton & softer than most hotel towels.
—NO Monthly Maintenance Fees—
- Anything we can do like changing light bulbs to hanging up a bathroom towel bar, we will take care of with no charge to the owner. We consider that part of our job as being your management company.
- If there becomes a major issue concerning plumbing, HVAC, electrical, etc.. we have 24 hour maintenance guys that are certified to handle these kinds of situations.
- You are always contacted for approval before any major repairs are made. (If we cannot reach you in case of an emergency, we will take necessary steps to protect your property.)
CLEANING AFTER EACH GUEST
- Smoky Cabins hires, vets, and supervises our Housekeeping Staff daily. We feel that it’s best if we have full control of everything and use a combination of both hourly and contract labor.
- Our cleaning crews are only allowed to clean 2-4 cabins a day mainly because they are in each cabin 2-5 hours depending on size. We feel that the cabin cleanliness should be top priority. This eliminates upset guests, bad reviews, and we want your cabin to be showcased at it’s best quality.
HOW WE HANDLE HOT TUBS
- After each guest the hot tub will be tested, cleaned, and the necessary chemicals added.
- The owner never has to pay for the hot tub service after the guest leaves. This cost is included in the cleaning fee that the guests pay.
- If there is something electrical or internal wrong with the hot tub, upon your approval, we have several independent contractors we can send to repair or diagnose the problem.
- When we first take on a new cabin, we carefully inspect to see if a deep clean is necessary prior to renting so that we can get the cabin up to our strict standards.
- Different areas in the mountains get dustier than others. If you or we feel it is necessary to perform another deep clean, or partial deep clean, we will agree upon a price at that time.
ITEMS USED BY GUESTS
This cost is included in the cleaning fee the guest pays per reservation. This keeps the guests happy and helps in eliminating guest complaints. We provide a starter pack of: toilet paper / paper towels / bar soap (for each shower) / liquid dish soap / dishwasher powder / trash bags / laundry powder. Since we don’t have the convenience of being in close quarters like a hotel, if the guest runs out, it is up to them to buy more.
Our general policy is:
- If the guest calls 30 days prior to their arrival date, they get their money back minus a $50 cancellation fee.
- If guests cancel within 30 days, we will re-open their dates for availability and whatever dates we can rebook, that is the amount we will refund (minus $50).
- Guests have the option to move their dates at least 2 weeks prior to arrival with no charge.
- If there is an issue during a guest stay and they request a refund, we will decide on “case by case” basis and make a decision before any refunds are given.
- Each site has their own listing guideline and cancellation policies that we have no control over. We have to abide by these guidelines in order to advertise on their sites.
Reviews are extremely important! All reviews that are posted online by a guest cannot be changed or removed. Just like anything else, you will get the good with the bad. This is always kept in the back of our minds, so everything that we do we try to do A++. We respond to all reviews that get posted. If any issue has been brought to our attention thru reviews, we make necessary work orders or pass suggestions on to you.